Here we discuss about which gender affect by type-2 diabetes the most.
- Type 2- diabetes is common type of diabetes. The cells of the body may also less responsive to insulin. The hormone responsible for regulate the blood sugar level. High doses of insulin are necessary to overcome this resistance. This may lead to rises the blood sugar level, which can also result in damage to the heart, eyes, kidneys, and nerves.
- Glucose is a metabolized and it may also regulate at low level in the blood through the function of a pancreatic hormone called insulin. Men are likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Women are likely to experience complication, include heart and kidney disease. It is lifelong disease that also keeps your body from using insulin. Uncontrolled diabetes and it leads to chronic high blood glucose level that may cause lead to serious complication.
SYMPTOMS OF TYPE 2 DIABETES:
The symptoms of type 2 diabetes can be mild that you may don’t notice them. This cause your body to alternative energy sources in your tissues, muscles and organs. The symptoms are includes:
- Very thirsty
- Lack of energy
- Blurry vision
- Wounds that don’t heal
- Feeling hungry
- Weight loss without any trying
- Get more infection
- Itchy skin
CAUSES OF TYPE 2 DIABETES:
- Your pancreas makes a hormone called insulin. It also help to your cells turn glucose, type of sugar, from the foods you eat into energy. Usually, combination of things that may also causes diabetes. It includes the genes that may found the different bits of DNA. That effects how your body makes insulin. Overweight can also cause insulin resistance. If you also carry extra pounds around the middle.
- Metabolic syndrome, people with insulin resistance often have a group of conditions that includes high blood sugar, extra fat around the waist, blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Bad communication between the cells, these problems may also affect how your cells make and use insulin or glucose in a chain reaction. It can lead to diabetes.
- Your body is no long using the hormone efficiently. This forces your pancreas to work hard to make extra insulin. This can damage cells in your pancreas. Even, your pancreas may not be able to produce any insulin.
RISK FACTORS OF TYPE 2 DIABETES:
Risk factors are also related to your health and medical history that include:
- Heart and blood vessel disease
- High blood pressure
- High triglycerides
Other some things that may also raise your risk of diabetes have to do with your daily habits and lifestyle. These are the ones can do something about no exercise, smoking, stress, sleeping too little.
Complications from type 2 diabetes that are include:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Depression of anxiety.
TREATMENT FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES:
It plays a different role. Treatment guideline remains the same for both men and women. You can also effective to manage type 2 diabetes. It may also includes a mix lifestyle change and mediation. You may able to reach your target blood sugar level with diet and exercise. The goal of type 2 diabetes treatment is to maintain blood sugar levels to minimize the risk of complication. Some treatments are also help to protect against the heart disease.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES AND MEDIATION:
- WEIGHT LOSS: Control your weight and also keep your heart healthy. Drop extra pounds can help. While lose 5% of your body weight is good, lose at least 7% and keep it off seems to be ideal. It means someone who weighs 170 pounds can change their blood sugar level by lose around 13 pounds.
- HEALTHY EATING: No specific diet for type 2 diabetes. Eating fewer calories, cut back on refined carbs, especially sweets, Add veggies and fruits to your diet, and get more fiber. You may also consume the foods are rich in fiber and healthy carbs in your diet. Whole grains also help to keep your blood glucose level steady.
- EXERCISE: Try to do 30 minutes of physical activity every day. If you can walk, swim is doing anything else that may get your heart rate up. Do some yoga or weightlifting. If you take medications that lower your blood sugar, you may also need a snack before a workout. Exercises are also help to control the blood glucose.
- MEDICATION: If the lifestyle changes do not get you to your target blood sugar level, you also need medication. Medication can also cause side effects. Fine the good mediation or combination of mediation to treat diabetes.
PREVALENCE OF TYPE 2 DIABETES:
- Men are almost double as likely to develop type 2 diabetes as women. Overweight or obesities are considered as primary risk factors for diabetes. Obesity rates are similar to men and women. For example, men have high amount of visceral fat than women. Women tend to have subcutaneous fat than visceral fat. Visceral fat tends to more metabolic active than subcutaneous fat, that the fat produces the hormones that can affect a person health. Visceral fat is strongly linked to have a high risk of metabolic syndrome, includes type 2 diabetes.