Here we discuss about Meenakshi Amman Temple Speciality.
MEENAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- It is the policy of our Tamil people to “Praise the Lord of the South and my country”. It is confirm that Lord Shiva is the Lord of those who lived in the southern part of our country. And it is a question of whether Lord Shiva has as many temples in Tamil Nadu.
- Madurai is a city that bears witness to the antiquity of the Tamils. It is still alive today. You can also find special information about the “Temple of Meenakshi Sundareswaran in Madurai” where the “Meenakshi who rules Madurai” is worship.
MEENAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE HEAD HISTORY:
- Madurai is one of the few cities in the world where people have lived for over 5000 years. It was the cultural center of the West, and the city of Madurai as the cultural center of the East. The city of Madurai has many names such as “Alavai, Nanmadakkudal”.
- The Meenakshi Sundareswaran Temple in Madurai gives this great pride. Lord Shiva is also known as “Sokkanathar, Somasundaram, and Meenakshi Sundareswaran”. Ambal is also known as “Meenakshi, Angayarkanni”. The temple is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas of Goddess Parvati. Madurai is also known as the ‘Kadambavanam’. The Kadamba tree is the main deity of the Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai.
- The city of Madurai in this temple has been the capital of the “Pandya kings” since ancient times. According to the Puranas, Goddess Parvati was born as the daughter of the Pandya king. “Malaiyattuvaja” who was also suffering from childlessness. Malaiyattuvaja Pandian brought up the child by naming him as Thadathakai. She learn martial arts while growing up in Thaddeus. And fought and conquer various countries.
- When she went to war with Lord Shiva in the temple. She fell in love with him, and wanted to accept him as her husband. The devotees, the Siddhar and the sages all gathered at Kayilai for the Shiva Parvati wedding. Lord Brahma presided over the marriage ceremony. Being the son-in-law of the Pandya king. Lord Shiva got the name “Somasundaram Pandian”. Mother Parvati is also called Mother Meenakshi. Who is the queen of the Pandian dynasty with the fish flag. Who protects the devotees from misery and bestows blessings on them as the fish is always awake.
HISTORY OF MEENAKSHI AMMAN:
- Temple is spread over an area of 15 acre with beautiful sculpture and tower. Meenakshi Amman is one of the largest temples in India. Pooja are first performed here for the goddess Meenakshi. Meenakshi Amman here is wearing a green silk scarf with a clip in her hand. Lord Shiva has understood 64 festivals in this Madurai city. Madurai Meenakshi Temple is one of the five congregations of Lord Shiva. When Lord Shiva gave a dance vision to a Pandya king as Natarajar at this place. He change his leg at the request of the emperor and perform a dance called Sandhya Thandavam.
- The name of the pond in this temple is Potramarai Pond. Legend has that Lord Shiva scratch the ground with his mace and created the pool. Lord Shiva blessed a stork with devotion to him and no fish or other creatures could live in this pond. And it is a miracle that there no aquatic lives in this pond even today.
MEENAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE HEAD SPECIAL:
- The temple was also renovate and rebuilt several times. During the reign of the Pandya kings who ruled Madurai. The Meenakshi Amman Temple was also destroy in the 13th century by the invasion of the Turkish dynasty from Delhi. The Nayaka kings who conquered Madurai in the later period. It repaired and rebuilt the temple of Meenakshi Goddess Madurai. The four towers in the present temple were well maintain and built the Nayaka kings.
- Among the Nayaka kings, the Nayaka king of Thirumalai was an ardent devotee of Lord and Goddess Meenakshi of this temple. The Meenakshi Amman Temple was well maintain during his reign. It was this Thirumalai Nayaka king who made the celebration of the “Chittirai Thirunal” festival. It may also celebrated on behalf of the Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai. In the month of Chittirai, which is another reason for the fame of Madurai.
MEENAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE:
- The pillars of the sculptural temple are carve to raise the sound of 7 tones. There is an area with pillars called “1000 foot hall” which will amaze foreign tourists. Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple is one of the World Heritage Sites. Devotees believe that the water, offered in the sanctum sanctorum of the temple. It is a cure for many ailments.
- Madurai Meenakshi Temple is the best place of worship for Lord Mercury in the Navagraha. Lord Shiva live in Madurai under the name of “Sundarananda Siddhar”. And later united in this temple to resolve all the grievances of the devotees. Devotees who come here with all kinds of requests may also pay their dues donate clothes to Meenakshi and Sundareswaran, the request is fulfilled.
- Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswaran Temple is located in Madurai. Buses, trains and air are also available from Madurai and other parts of India to reach Madurai.
DO YOU KNOW THE FACTS OF MADURAI MEENAKSHI TEMPLE?
- Madurai Meenakshi Temple is a place, where people have been worshiping since the Sangam period. This world famous temple is the proud symbol of Tamil Nadu.
- Meenakshi Temple is famous for festivals. There are 274 festivals in a year. The Chittirai Festival is the first of them. The landing of the Kallazhagar River is celebrate the people and its environs. Meenakshi Amman Tirukkalyana, Thiruther Bhavani and Pattabhishekam. It will also be celebrate in the Chittirai festival.
- History has the physical problem of Thirumalai Nayak, who first ruled with Trichy as his capital. It was also remove due to the renovation of the Madurai Meenakshi Temple. The Chittirai festival has been celebrate since his time.
- It is hope that Tirukkalyana Sundar, who is in the temple. It will also bless the marriage ban. Devotees who also suffer from horoscope or any restrictions on marriage are worship.
- To the right of the Swami Sannidhi is the statue of Natarajar. Unlike in other temples, he sits on the left leg and raises the right leg. It is believe that Natarajar changed his legs and dance. It may also fulfill the request of the Rajasekara Pandya king who ruled Madurai.
PANDYA PRINCESS MEENAKSHI:
- Covering an area of 15 acres, the temple is 847 feet from east to west and 792 feet from south to north. Legend has Meenakshi Amman appeared as Pandya princess. Later married Lord Shiva.
- The Aiyarangal Mandapam built by Ariyanatha Mudaliar. During the reign of Krishnappa Nayak is one of the most famous. 985 pillars are special setup in millennial hall. It has convert into a temple museum. And houses has various exhibits such as sculptures, paintings, pagan emblems and musical objects from various periods.
- There is a new hall with 124 sculptural pillars in front of the east tower of the temple.
The Eight Shakti (Ashta Shakti) Hall is located in front of the Meenakshi Amman Sannidhi. The Meenakshi marriage between the images of Ganesh and Murugan. The gate is display in the form of a swastika. On the pillars located in the hall inside are located the forms of the eight powers of beauty.
- If you go beyond the next Meenakshi Nayak Hall. You will come across the Meenakshi Amman, the Goddess of Italam. In the sanctum of measles in a hand with two hands clip holding gives arutkatci. He gives a vision as a shivalinga.
TAMIL MONTH NAMES FOR STREET:
- Madurai Meenakshi temple, Lotus mottaip keeping the surrounding streets can italkalakak Lotus. Festival are also held in certain months. During the reign of king are also held in the street, named after those months.