Here we discuss about interesting facts about Thiruchendur Murugan temple.
THIRUCHENDUR MURUGAN TEMPLE:
- The special temples of Lord Murugan known as the Sacrifice Houses are locate in six towns in Tamil Nadu namely
- Thiruparankundram and
- Thiruchendur is the only place where five of the temples. It also locate on the hill.
- The barracks is where the invades command stays with his soldier. Thiruchendur was the abode of Lord Veerapaku. His troops with Murugan to defeat Surapathirana. Come and learn about such a magnificent murugan Temple.
- Wisdom is a sublime state that all who is born as human beings. It also should strive to attain. Murugan place they also will come easily to those who lead a pious life and those who are in spiritual search. Thus, the scare temple is in the form of the wisdom of Lord is “Murugan temple”.
- He is anoint and adorn six times a day. Once anoint and adorn, nothing is done like garland flowers and garland. Just as Laddu is famous for its offer at the temple, so is Panchamirtham, anoint with the Palani murugan, world famous. It is the firm promise of those who have experience that those who eat the Panchamirta offer of this temple. It will also get rid of the ailments in their body. Due to the presence of murugan in this temple as seen from the western state of Kerala. A large number of Malayalam devotees visit the temple.
HEAD FEATURES OF THIRUCHENDUR MURUGAN TEMPLE:
- Murugan, the monster name Surapathiran, won the battle of Ippasi on the wax day with his diamond sword. It is the place where this happen. That is why ‘Sura Samkaram’ is celebrate every year on Kandasashti festival. This is an ancient Temples in Tamilnadu.
- There is another reason to celebrate the Shashti festival. Some sages have also consider the need for a son for the good of the world. Begin with the new moon of the month of Ipasi and hold a six-day yajna.
- Those six days and every day every seed is release and the one who joins those six is Murugan called Arumugan. Therefore, it is said that the day of Murugan’s birth in Thiruchendur. It is also celebrate as Shashti festival.
WHERE IS IT LOCATE?
- Murugan Temple is also locate at a distance of 600 km from Chennai on the Ottia beach in the Gulf of Mannar. According to notes, the temple is said to 2000 years old. This place was earlier known as ‘Tiruchiralaivai’.
ANCIENT TEMPLES IN TAMILNADU NOMENCLATURE:
- Murugan, who had a temple here, was refer to as ‘Seyanthinathar’ due to his conquest of Surapathirana and later Maruvi as ‘Senthilnathar’. These two are derive from ‘Thiruceyanthipuram’ to Thiruchendur.
THIRUCHENDUR MURUGAN TEMPLE STRUCTURE:
- As mention in the preface this is the only temple not locate on the hill in the houses. The Rajagopuram of the temple is nine feet high and 150 feet high.
- He is also depict as Sivayogi with a beard with a lotus flower in his left hand. On the left wall behind the statue of Lord there is a lingam. It is said to have been worship by Lord who won the battle. Murugan is worship only after it has been first worship. There is also a “Panchalinga” shrine to the right of the Sannidhi.
- Ancient temples in Tamilnadu open hours and worship times. Murugan Temple is also open from 5 am to 9 pm. There are 9 daily pujas for Lord Murugan.
- Senthilnath is serve a variety of
- ghee rice,
- sugar-fried porridge,
- boil mustard seeds,
- jaggery balls.
THIRUCHENDUR MURUGAN TEMPLES IN TAMILNADU GANGA POOJA:
- Every afternoon after the climax pray, they also take milk and rice in a bowl and go to the drums and rhythm and dissolve it in the sea. This also ritual is called ‘Ganga Puja’.
- Before marriage the virgins rejoice in the yellow fountain for their bridegroom. On the last day of the festival, devotees play with the yellow fountain on Lord for marry the God in their hometown and for reduce the fury of Lord Murugan who was victory in the battle.
ANCIENT TEMPLES IN TAMILNADU TWO MURUGAN:
- Murugan, who has return after beat Surapathirana, is in Tawakkol with Jatamudi as he did Sivapooja with four arms. Murugan penance should not dissolve so that he does not have to. The chief deity for him is murugan, in a separate shrine face south. Worship and homage to the source is the saint.
PUTTAPARTHI FOR DEEPAVALI:
- It also customary for all the people to wear Puttada for Deepavali. It also believe that Indra will also bring Puttada to his son-in-law as Murugan is marry to his daughter Deivana.
MURUGAN TEMPLES FESTIVALS:
- It is celebrate here as well as in other temples like
- Panguni Uttiram,
- Vaikasi Visakam and
- Kanda Shashti.