Here we discuss about how to stop hiccups- cause and symptoms.
- Hiccups are contraction of the diaphragm the muscles. That are also separates your chest from abdomen. It plays an important role in breathing. Your diaphragm contracts, your lungs take in oxygen. Each contraction is follows a sudden closure of vocal cords. It also produces the characteristic hic sound.
- Hiccups may also result from a large meal, alcohol or sudden excitement. And it also may sign of an underlying medical condition. They are usually temporary minor problem. But prolonged hiccups may also major medical problem. Hiccups are usually gone away their own within a few minutes. They can also annoy and interfere with eating and talking.
- It can also have multiple recurring episodes of hiccups over prolonged period of time. It leads to severe weight loss because they can also affect your appetite or desire to eat. Chronic hiccups are rare. They tend to happen more often in men than women. Other person who may also have high in risk of get chronic hiccups includes:
- Bowel stomach
- Excess of alcohol
- Nervous system
- Illness of the liver
CAUSE OF HICCUPS:
- Hiccups are happen when your diaphragm begins to spasm . Your diaphragm is large muscles that also help to breathe in and out. The common triggers for hiccups that last less than 48 hours. That includes:
- Drink too much of alcohol
- Eat too quick
- Emotional stress
- Sudden temperature changes
- Swallow air with chewing gum
- Consume hot or cold foods
Hiccups that last more than 48 hours may also be causes by different factors. It can be group into following categories, they are:
If you have any problems relate to your stomach, intestine, liver that may also causes the hiccups. The problem may cause the hiccups such as:
It may also causes hiccups. They are:
- Stomach ulcer
- Inflammation of the intestine
A cause of long term hiccups may also damage to or irritation of the vagus nerves. It may also serve the diaphragm muscles. The factors may also cause the damage or irritation to these nerves. It includes:
- A hair or something in your ear touches your ear drum
- Tie around in your neck
- Sore throat
CENRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM FOR CAUSE OF HICCUPS:
Other causes of hiccups may also involve the central nervous system. A tumor or infection or damage to your central nervous system as a result of trauma. It can also disrupt your body’s normal control of the hiccups. Examples are includes:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Head trauma or brain injury
METABOLIC DISORDER AND DRUGS:
A long term hiccups can also trigger by:
- Liver and Kidney disease
RISK FACTORS OF HICCUPS:
Other factors may also increase your risk of hiccups that includes:
- Mental or emotional issues: Anxiety, stress and excitement are associated with some cases of short term and long term hiccups.
- Surgery: Some people develop hiccups after undergoing anesthesia or after procedures that involve abdominal organs.
COMPLICATION OF HICCUPS:
Hiccups can be uncomfortable and harmful to your health. Prolonged hiccups can disturb your sleeping and eating patterns that also lead to complication such as:
- Weight loss and dehydration
- Communication problem
- Delay wound heal
HOW CAN I GET RID OF HICCUPS?
It has numerous homes remedies for hiccups. You can also try these remedies at home to get rid of hiccups.
Breathing and posture techniques:
- Hold your breath: These techniques that are also stimulate the vagus nerve, which may run from the brain to the stomach. It can also help you to decrease the hiccups.
- Practice measure breathing: Disrupt your respiratory system with slow, measure breathing.
- Breathe into a paper bag.
- Pressure points area of your body that is particularly sensitive to pressure. Apply pressure to these points with your hands may also help to relax your diaphragm or stimulate your vagus.
Pull hard on your tongue:
- Pulling on your tongue that may also stimulates the nerves and muscles in your throat. Grab the tip of your tongue.
Other remedies are includes:
- Bite a lemon
- Gargle with water
- Swallow a teaspoon of sugar
- Drink ice water
- Rup the back of your neck
- Distract yourself
If your hiccups continue more than for last 2 days or severe enough to interfere with eating, breathing, or sleeping, contact your doctor. They may also able to treat hiccups with medication. If you have any kind of
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Vomiting or cold up with blood with your hiccups.
You may immediately talk to doctor.
TREATMENT FOR CAUSE OF HICCUPS:
Treatment for get rid of the hiccups on how severe it is:
- The common hiccups may also usually stop their own. Home remedies are sufficient to cure the symptoms.
- For severe, persistent hiccups usually last over 2 days. The doctor may try medication to manage the patients hiccups.
HOW TO PREVENT THE CAUSE OF HICCUPS?
The methods for preventing hiccups, you can also try to reduce your exposure. The following may also help to reduce your hiccups. They are:
- Don’t overeat
- Protect yourself from sudden temperature changes
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Avoid intense emotional or physical reactions.
- Eat slower
- Meditation for reduce the stress
- Avoid consume spicy foods