Here we discuss about how stress cause leads to gain weight.
- Stress is a normal human reaction that may also happens to everyone. It can lead to increases the weight. The weight is a result for overeating and unhealthy food choices. Your body response may also response to increase the level of cortisol, get to handle on stress is a priority. If you want to protect stress relate weight gain. Stress may cause work that includes being unhappy in your job, heavy workload and more responsibility, working long hour, etc.
- Stress can also notify the effect on your body. Cortisol stress hormone released by adrenal glands, it increase the response to threat. Chronic stress can lead to gain weight. Long term chronic stress actually boosts your hunger. It has some effective ways to reduce daily stressors, and consequently, manage your weight.
STRESS CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN:
- Weight gain is dependent on number of factors that include the resting metabolic rate, food intake, amount of exercise, even the type of food consume and the time of day food is consumed. Genetic factors are also influence our metabolism. It may peoples tendency to gain more rapid than others. Stress causes you to seek comfort in unhealthy food habits. That may also lead to unwanted weight gain.
- Stress related weight gain also effects of higher cortisol levels. It can also lead to gain weight. And it stimulates your fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It creates a surge of energy in your body. This process is very essential for survival situation. It also increases your appetite. It can also cause craving for sweet, fatty and salty foods.
HOW DOES STRESS INCREASE BODY WEIGT?
EATING UNHEALTHY SNACKS:
- Unhealthy foods are poor in nutrients that can contribute to stress, tiredness, and capacity to work. It can also contribute to the risk of develop some illness and other health problems such as overweight, tooth decay and high blood pressure. Eat less quality of diet high in junk foods. It may also link to a high risk of obesity, depression, digestive issues, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer. Most common effects of consume junk foods is also increase the obesity. Its composition of fully load of sugar, calories and fats contribute to weight gain.
LACK OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
- Stress causes gain weight. It stimulates endocrine glands that cause to become careless. Lazy causes our physical activity and physical movement to be disrupted. It may increase the body weight. You not get enough physical activity, that can also leads to heart disease. A lack of physical activity can also leads to mental health problems.
RISK OF STRESS CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN:
- Stress peaks are difficult to manage, long term health- related consequence can also occur. Depression, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity are untreated chronic stress. The risks are also associated with weight gain include:
- Higher blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Reproductive problem
- Increase in joint pain
- Over weight may also increase your risk for diabetes and certain cancer.
SYMPTOMS OF STRESS:
- Stress is defined as mental or emotional feeling strain, that cause by adverse circumstances. Physical, emotional and behavioral symptoms are:
- Chronic pain
- Frequent sickness
- Decrease energy
- Digestive issue
- Appetite changes
- Rapid heartbeat.
BEST WAYS TO REDUCE THE STRESS:
Some small steps you can also take to calm down, it includes:
- Exercise for 15 to 30 minutes
- Enjoy nature
- Eat healthy food
- Take 10 minutes yoga break
- Listen music
- 10 minutes of deep breathing
- Practice mindfulness meditation
TREATMENT FOR STRESS CAUSES WEIGHT GAIN:
- Treat and manage stress related weight gain. Other health related issues and help you come up with a plan to manage your overweight and reduce stress. Psychologist may also develop the strategies to manage your stress level. Treatments may also include the medical and lifestyle modification. It also help you to lower your stress level. It reduce the stress related weight gain and decrease the chance of developing a long term health condition.
HOW TO PREVENT STRESS CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN?
Some ways to prevent weight gain during stress and reduce the risk of obesity.
- Physical activity can reduce stress: Add a regular workout and exercise to your day to day plan. It can also help you to burn a lot of calories. Exercise also help to lower stress level. And it may also decreases the anxiety. Exercise everyday routinely that can also help you to rapid recover from stress. It decrease the negative feeling.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eat whole grain and different variety of fruits and vegetables. Your aim to include most foods group in meals. Find your comfort foods and keep them out of your home or anywhere.
- Engage in routine physical activity or exercise.
- Sleep well
- Practice some relaxation skill, such as yoga, massage, deep breathing and meditation.
- Practice mindful eating may help to lower stress that may also promotes weight loss. It also prevents from weight gain.