Here we discuss about History and Speciality of Thanjavur temple.
THANJAI PERIYA KOVIL:
Brihadeeswarar Temple is a famous temple located in Thanjavur.
THANJAVUR BRIHADISVARA TEMPLE:
- The Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur, popularly known as the Great Temple, is world famous. There is no clear vision of how this historic temple was build to this day. Scientists say it take years to build on existing technology.
TEMPLE NAME CHANGE:
- Brihadeeswarar temple was earlier known as Rajarajeswarar Temple. The name Brihadeeswarar, as it is now call, by the Marathas. They also call the temple Maha Shiva Temple.
TOWER MIRACLE IN THANJAVUR TEMPLE:
- The highlight of this temple is that the shadow of the tower in the temple does not fall down at noon.
The large miracle that the urn-shape roof stone are placed at the top of the tower. It is a single stone weighing about 80 tons. More than that it is amazing how it is take so high.
- The Shiva lingam in the womb is said to emit excess electromagnetic energy and that energy is reflect and concentrate in these single stone roofs. It is believe that this energy, which is made up of positive thoughts, gives peace and tranquility to the devotees who come here and makes them mentally and physically fit.
TRANSFORMATION OF NANDI STATUE:
- The large Nandi idol in front of Lord Shiva is carve out with a single stone. In addition, the Nandi idol of Raja raja Chola was replace by the Nandi idol keep by the Marathas. The Nandi idol placed by Raja Rajan is growing day by day. And the Marathas were shock and amazed, it have remove the Nandi idol and placed a new Nandi idol. The old Nandi idols are also keep in the temple precincts.
SRI LANKAN CONSTRUCTION:
- The temple was design by King Raja raja Chola after his visit to Sri Lanka. This large temple was build in that design because the Hindu kings in Sri Lanka were fascinate by the Hindu temples that embraced the scriptures.
ARCHITECT OF THANJAVUR TEMPLE:
- Through the inscription engrave on the temple, it has been discover that the temple was build by the architects Kunjaramallan Raja raja Perundachan, who still bears his name through his exquisite works, and the art of Vastu Shastri is still revered today.
- It is believe that this large temple has many tunnels. It is also most of these routes connecting various places have been close. This path is use by sage, kings and queens who live at that time to secretly move from one place to another. These path is use extensively mainly during festive seasons like Deepavali Maha Shivaratri and Makara Sankranti.
- It is estimate that 130,000 tons of granite stones were use in the construction of the temple. Surprisingly, the stones for the temple were brought from a distance of about 50 miles, with no mountains nearby and no modern transport facilities.
UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE:
- Tanjore Temple is not just a temple; it has been declare a UNESCO World Heritage Site by the United Nations.
WHY IS RAJA RAJAN WORSHIP?
- If Raja Raja Chola had just built this temple as a king, his name alone would have been the one who built the temple. But the inscription on the temple shows the greatness of Raja Raja Chola, the love he had for the people, and the love that the people had for Raja Raja Chola, even the names of those who worked to build the temple, from architects who washed their clothes and helped those who helped the temple work as hairdressers.
- Thanjavur Periyakovil has various specialties of architecture, sculpture and painting. The Thanjavur Big Temple stands tall as a testament to the architectural prowess of the Tamils.
GREAT THANJAVUR TEMPLE:
- There are various beliefs among the people about the great temple of the glorious Thanjavur. In particular, most people believe that `the shadow of the great temple tower will not fall on the ground ‘. The Thanjavur temple has various specialties of architecture, sculpture and painting. World engineers marvel at the 216-foot-tall tower and its construction.
- The Thanjavur temple was build entirely of stone without the use of materials such as wood and iron. Beyond all of this is the interior of the tower plane, which looks like an inverted one holding a tambourine. The temple is intricately build of stones. The shadow of the temple tower does not fall down is a misleading message mean to illustrate the grandeur of the temple. Most people believe it to be true.
- The shadow of the tower falls on the ground behind the tower in the morning and in front of the tower in the evening.
- The reason for the spread of such misinformation is that the real pride of the great temple is the ignorance of the people about the construction techniques. Also, many misinformation has been spread that ‘the great Nandi grows in the temple’, ‘the big temple was build by the goblin in one night’ and ‘the tower of the plane was build of a single stone weighing 80 tons’.
- At night the big temple Nandi gets up and goes to graze. The belief that they have been nailed in the back with a machete to prevent it from going that way and the belief that ‘political leaders will be in danger if they come here’ are false myths.
- But, there are thousands of techniques to learn about the great temple. Here the sanctuary is build into a very precise square with four sides and a slight crease. Similarly if the thread is held in the center of the Shiva lingam and carry to the top of the tower, it will be at the exact center of the tower. They also built the airstrip by attaching individual stones to the orange fruit. The 45-foot-tall pillars at the entrance are made of a single stone.
LARGE TEMPLE TOWER:
- In one of the upper chambers inside the air tower is a Bharata Natyam sculpture with 108 angles. On the lower floor is painting laid during the Raja raja period. The large temple is also the center of rainwater harvesting.
- They also have set up two ways for rainwater to go. The rainwater that falls first goes to the dirt line Nandavanam. Then the good water will go to the pond in Sivagangai Park. At that time, Raja raja Chola introduced the amazing method of storing rain water in the temple.
THE SHADOW OF THE GREAT THANJAVUR TEMPLE:
- There are a lot of miracles like this in the Great Thanjavur. Many people rely on misinformation because things do not go well. Research news about the temple should be share with more people.