Here we discuss about History and Speciality of Thiruvannamalai temple.
THIRUVANNAMALAI TEMPLE SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Our India is a holy land inhabit by holy souls like Gods, Goddesses, Rishis, and Siddhar. So it is no surprise that there are tens of thousands of temples and shrines in this country. It is everyone’s wish to be born as a human being and to experience in life and eventually attain bliss. You can also know the special features of the “Thiruvannamalai Sri Annamalaiyar” temple. It is an aspect of fire in the Panchaputhas of Lord Shiva. And it can also bring salvation if you think about it.
HISTORY OF THIRUVANNAMALAI TEMPLE:
- This Thiruvannamalai temple is one of the oldest temples. Lord Shiva of this temple is also known as “Annamalaiyar, Arunachaleswarar” Ambal “Unnamulaiyal, and Abithagujambal”. Thiruvannamalai Agni is one of the fiery places of famine. Many such as “Pallavas, Cholas, Hoysalas, Vijayanagara kings, Nayaka kings” have renovate and built the temple at various times. And it made donations for the worship of the temple.
- According to the Puranas, at one time when the debate over the origin and end of Lord Shiva arose between the trio of “Lord Shiva, Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu”. Lord Shiva took the form of a huge fiery figure on the Arunachal Pradesh Mountain. Then Vishnu incarnated and went to see the base of Shiva and shook the earth.
- Lord Brahma flew to the sky to see the summit of Lord Shiva in the form of an anna bird. He was tired of not being able to know the beginning of Lord Shiva. And also lie that he had seen the summit of Lord Shiva. Knowing this lie, Lord Shiva cursed Lord Brahma that there would be no temple anywhere on this earth. It also became customary to call Lord Itala “Annamalaiyar who could not see the hair of the feet”.
- “Arunam” means “red fire”. “Salam” means “mountain”. The name Arunachalam is also derive from the fact that Lord Shiva is a red fiery mountain. When Arunagirinathar, who was ashamed of his lower life, jumped down from the tower of this sacred Thiruvannamalai temple to commit suicide. He was saved by Lord Murugan and by his grace healed and attained enlightenment. He also composed a song titled “Tirupukal” which sings the praises of Murugan.
- This is a song site by Nayanmar. The hill behind the temple is also consider to be an aspect of Lord Shiva. The Karthika Fire Festival, which falls in the month of Karthika. It is also celebrate in a very special way at this temple. On that day, on the Arunachal Pradesh peak of Thiruvannamalai, in a huge iron cup. A lamp loaded with 3 tons of ghee and several kilos of cloth. It will be visible to those who are far away. The lamp will continue to burn day and night until the ghee in the cup runs out.
- This temple is the site of the tomb of one of the Tamil Siddhar. It also believe that different Siddha still live on this hill and in the forest adjoining the hill. This temple has been a place of attraction for many Siddha and sages from that time to the present. At the foot of the hill is the tomb and ashram of the “Seshadri Swamis” who lived a hundred years ago and did many good deeds for the people through their Siddha.
THIRUVANNAMALAI TEMPLE HEAD SPECIAL:
- This Thiruvannamalai temple is a very powerful temple. It is said that the Siddhar come and worship Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati, the presiding deity of the Siddhar, on the full moon day of every month. So every full moon night, millions of devotees come to Kirivalam to climb the 14.7 km radius of the hill. And it also receive their blessings and blessings of the Siddhartha’s.
- On the way to the Thiruvannamalai temple ridge, there are temples with lingams. Establish and worshiped by the lords of the eight directions known as “Ashtadik Palakars”. They are
- Indra Lingam
- Agni Lingam
- Ema Lingam
- Southwest Lingam
- Varuna Lingam
- Vayu Lingam
- Kubera Lingam, and
- Isanya Lingam.
- It is the experiential fact of the devotees that all our desires. It will be fulfill by worshiping these Ashta Lingams as well.
- The Idukku Pillaiyar Temple is located on this gorge. It is a firm belief that those who do not have a child will get a child by entering through a small passage in a hall in the temple. And coming out from the front and praying to Ganesha. Voodoo vulnerabilities, mental problems and all other problems will be solve.
- Caste curses will be remove for those who come to Kiriwalam on the day of “Chitra Pournami”. And also visit Annamalaiyar and Unnamulaiyamman. They also say that all the options will be fulfill for sure. This is evidence by the fact that also millions of devotees visit the temple on that day.
KARTHIKAI DEEPAM FESTIVAL:
- The “Karthika Deepam” festival is celebrate in this temple for 10 days. On the final day of the festival, at 6 pm, after the worship of the Lord and Goddess of the temple. Those on the hill are inform to light the lamp by gesture as if they were in the temple. The light of this lamp shines brightly so that people living 30 km away can see it.
- The Lord is the torch bearer, and the philosophy of mounting this Karthika lamp. It is that all our sins, karmic reactions, birth and death cycles. That are remove as we mingle with Him. All the sins of those who see this Karthika lamp vision are also removed.