Here we discuss about Facts of Jerusalem- The most controversial part of the world.
FACTS OF JERUSALEM: WHY IS THE WORLD SO CONTROVERSIAL?
- Jerusalem is the name that has caught the attention of the nations. A city of three religions, this city has not only experience some of the worst conflicts. But also many interesting facts.
- The United States are also open its new embassy in Jerusalem on Monday.
- Although US President Donald Trump did not attend the embassy opening ceremony. His daughter Ivanka Trump, her husband Jared Kushner and senior US officials also attended.
- The United States has set a new embassy opening date to mark the 70th anniversary of the founding of Israel.
- Israel claims Jerusalem as its capital. Israel annexed East Jerusalem in 1967. It will be the capital of a sovereign Palestinian state to be create in the future.
- Jerusalem is home to the three religions:
- Christianity and
This is why the
- Jews and
- It have claiming Jerusalem for centuries.
- History of 5,000 years, has been repeatedly attack and besiege. Grounded and rebuilt. That is why the soil of this city. It is also consider to be pack with traces of history. This is the oldest city in the world.
WHAT ARE THE FOUR PARTS?
- Facts of Jerusalem may have attract the attention of the people of the world today. Because of divisions and conflicts between peoples of different religions. But the history of this city is what unites people. In the center of the city is the ancient city known as Old Jerusalem. It is also classified by the World Heritage Site.
- Old Jerusalem consists of four settlements:
- Armenian settlement
- Christian settlement
- Jewish settlement
- Muslim settlement.
- It also consider to be the holiest in the world. The city’s four apartments are fortified wall.
- Both areas are consider to belong to Christians. Armenians are also Christians. The oldest of the four is the Armenian settlement. Also, the oldest Armenian center in the world is their residential area here. At St. James Church and Monastery, Armenians preserve their history and culture.
FACTS OF JERUSALEM- THE STORY OF THE FIRST CHURCH:
- The Church of the Holy Seppelker is located in the Christian area. It is believe to be the center of the life of Jesus Christ. And it is a place of faith for Christians around the world.
- According to the New Testament, Jesus Christ was crucified, died, and rose again in Jerusalem.
- According to Christian, this place is also called Mount Calvary. This is where the tomb where Jesus Christ. It was buried is located. It is believe that he was from here when he is also resurrect from the grave.
- Apart from the Christian community. Especially the
- Greek Orthodox Patriarchate,
- The Franciscan Friars of the Roman Catholic Church,
- The Armenian Patriarchate,
- The Orthodox Churches of Ethiopia,
- Coptic and
- As well as the various denominations of the Christian community.
- It is the sanctuary of millions of Christians around the world. Every year millions of people come to the tomb of Christ to pray. Praying here and receiving forgiveness of sins. It also consider to be satisfy for Christians.
FACTS OF JERUSALEM- WHAT IS THE STORY OF THE MOSQUE?
- The largest of the four settlements in Jerusalem. It is also occupied by Islamists. The Rock Dome and the Al Aqsa Mosque are located here. Jerusalem is also known as Haram Al Sharif.
- Al-Aqsa Mosque, which ranks third on the list of the holiest places of Islam. It is also managed by the Islamic Foundation of Waqf.
- The Muslim people believe that the Prophet came here on a one night journey from Mecca. And that he also spoke to the spirits of the prophets from here.
- Nearby is the Rock Dome. Islamists believe that the Prophet Muhammad went to heaven from Jerusalem.
- Thousands of Muslims visit this holy place daily to offer prayers. During the Fridays of the month of Ramadan, the number of people praying here. It is very high.
THE HOLY WALL:
- The fort or west wall is located on the Jewish side. The western wall, which is part of the perimeter wall of the Al Aqsa Mosque, is the remnant of a dilapidated long wall. It is believe that there was a holy temple of the Jews at this place.
- Within this sanctuary was the Holy of Holies or The most Holy Place of the Jews.
- The Jews believe that the world originated from this place and that Prophet Ibrahim was ready to sacrifice his son Isaac. They believe that the Holy of Holies is the Dome of the Rock.
- The Jews now worship in the Holy of Holies near the West Wall. Jews who consider themselves associate with their heritage.
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE TENSION?
- Violent clashes erupt despite a small change in the situation.
- The controversy between Palestine and Israel. Over the ancient city of Jerusalem continues unabated.
- Violent clashes erupt despite a small change in the situation in Jerusalem. Thus the small movement that takes place here.
- Photograph taken east of a Jewish residence
- This ancient city is also religiously important to
- Christians and
- Muslims, as well as governmentally and politically.
- When Israel is find in 1948, the country’s parliament is form in the western part of the city.
- In the 1967 war, Israel captured East Jerusalem.
- Although the ancient city came under Israeli control, it did not receive international recognition.
POPULATION OF JERUSALEM:
- The Palestinians claim East Jerusalem as their capital.
- Facts of Jerusalem is also known as the solution of the two countries. Prior to 1967, the idea of creating an independent Palestinian state on the Israeli border. It also moot by the UN. Also mentioned in the resolution.
- One-third of populations are Palestinian descendants. They have been living here for centuries.
- The expansion of the settlement area east of the city is also a major cause of controversy. Expansion and construction here are against international law. But Israel denies it.
- The international community has been insisting for decades that any change in the situation. They can only come through peace talks.
- That is why the embassies of countries with diplomatic relations with Israel are set up in Tel Aviv, with only consulates in Jerusalem.
- But US President Donald Trump says he has moved the US embassy to Jerusalem.
- Rejecting the notion of two nations, Trump says he wants the same country where both sides agree.
THE UNITED STATES TAKE THE FIRST STEP:
- At the opening ceremony of the US Embassy in Jerusalem, US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman formally announced the opening of the US Embassy.
- “Today we have opened the US Embassy in Jerusalem, Israel. With the opening of their embassy as the first country, the United States has acted to guide the world back,”.
- US President Donald Trump did not attend the opening ceremony in Jerusalem. However, a video of him speaking on the occasion. It was screen on a large screen during the opening ceremony.
- “Exactly 70 years ago, Israel was first recognized in the world by the US government led by President Harry Truman. Today we open the US Embassy in Jerusalem. This is a long wait, “said Trump.
- ”Yet, we have failed to accept this fact for many years. The simple fact is that the capital of Israel is Jerusalem,” Trump tell.