Here we discuss about exercise to avoid orthopedic surgery and its prevention.
ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY PROBLEMS:
- Orthopedic and traumatology are specialized in handling accident and trauma causes, joint and bone disease and sports injuries that require the surgical procedures and physiotherapy for complete repair.
- Our orthopedic perform a various procedures including knee ligament surgery, partial and total knee replacement and hip replacement, shoulder injury and spine injury. The common orthopedic problems are Osteoarthritis, fractures, dislocation, and osteoporosis.
DOING THIS EXERCISE DAILY, IF YOU NOT NEED TO HAVE ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY?
- The most common connective tissue in our body is the knee joint. In daily body movement, the joints work very hard. Especially we are walking, running, climbing, and jumping, our joints can withstand a great deal of pressure. So the joints are more prone to injuries easily.
EXERCISE EVERYDAY CAN PREVENT ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY:
- For all ages, joint pain is more likely to occur. However with age, when bone abrasions occur, joint pain increases. There is excessive pain in the knees or joints, people decide to have joint surgery.
- If you exercise daily in this condition, there will be no pain in the joints. So there will be no need for joint replacement surgery. It can also save money on surgery. If the certain amount of exercise few days a week, it will still protect from causing pain in our knees and pushing for joint replacement surgery.
- The QUADX-1study looked at the benefits of home-based exercise, and whether those exercises can prevent joint replacement surgery over time. Participants in this study were those suffered from arthritis, gout, and were ready for joint replacement surgery. These were divided into three groups by the researchers. All of them are 45 years old.
- All of them report an average of 10 to 3 joint pains in the last week alone, and all participants in all three groups were given 12 weeks of exercise. But there were changes in the number of exercisers. That they were task with doing exercises 2 or 4 or 6 times a week. All of them did only one exercise called knee extension.
BENEFITS OF KNEE EXTENSION EXERCISE:
- Knee extension training is a simple exercise. It relaxes and strengthens the muscles around the knee. If all participants in this study were given only one exercise, the reason is that home-based training without a trainer can probably exacerbate knee pain.
- They can cause problems if given a variety of exercises. Therefore only one exercise called knee extension. They did this exercise with chairs, without the use of any exercise equipment.
- At the end of the study, it was found that the strength of the quadriceps muscle in the three groups was increased. It does not matter how many times they repeat the exercise. But it was found that if the same exercise was done 2 times a week or 4 times or 6 times a week for 2 weeks, the knee pain would be reduced and the knee would be strengthened.
HOW DID YOU DO KNEE EXTENSION EXERCISE?
- Pick up a chair and lean on it. They tie one end of a flexible rubber rope around their ankle. Tie the other end to the leg at the back of the chair. They should not touch that rope with their hands. Now they will stretch and bend their legs. It will take 8 seconds to stretch and fold once. It means stretching the leg within 3 seconds and keeps it for 1 second. Then fold the leg within 4 seconds.
- This knee extension exercise is minimal, i.e. it is enough to stretch and bend the legs 20 times. It will cure knee pain. However this did not take into account muscle size, heart health, bone mineral density or other physical health benefits. But a little bit of this exercise is enough. It is clear that it can cure knee pain.
PREVENTION TIPS FOR ORTHOPEDIC HEALTH:
It makes a few changes to your diet and lifestyle. It can help you to avoid serious orthopedic surgery.
- Maintain a weight with healthy: Weight gain also increased risk of developing the osteoarthritis. Obesity put weight on your joints or knees, which can weaken muscles and it, make injuries.
- Keep moving with exercise: Good exercise for everyone those with orthopedic sensitivity it includes stretching, walking, and swimming. Avoid exercise that put more stress on your joints, like deep knee bends. You keep working to increase the muscles mass.
- Develop a strong core: Strong core muscles are also help you to balance your body weight. Yoga is the best exercise to strengthen your core and it promotes orthopedic health.
- Stretch before doing exercise: Stretch is important to maintain the flexibility, improve the performance and decrease stress injuries like sprains and strains. You are going to life weight and do some high impact aerobic work on warm up and stretching exercise before and after exercise. These exercises are also help to promote the flexibility and prevent muscles and joint injuries.
- Wear comfort shoes: Shoes may also supportive to promote the proper alignment. Who wear high heels, it increase the risk of developing back pain and knee pain.