Here we discuss about Causes of back pain, symptoms and treatment.
PREVENTION AND CAUSES OF BACK PAIN:
- Back pain is a most common reason for absence of work and seeking the medical treatment. It can uncomfortable and debilitating. Back pain can affect many age people, for different reasons. People get older they have a chance to develop the lower back pain, the factors such as previous occupation and degenerative disk disease.
- Lower back pain may linked to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae, ligament around the spine and disc, abdominal and pelvic internal organs. Upper back pain may due to the disorder of the aorta, tumors in the chest, and spine inflammation.
CAUSES OF BACK PAIN:
- Causes of back pain problem with spine such as osteoporosis, it can be lead to back pain. The human back is composed of complex structure of muscles, ligaments, tendons, disks, and bones, which work to support the body together and it enable us to move around. The segments of spine are cushion with cartilage pads called disks. These components have any problems that can be lead to back pain. Some of the cases back pain, its cause remains unclear. Damage can view that from strain, medical conditions, and poor posture.
It has number of structural problems may also results in back pain. They are:
- Ruptured disk: Vertebra in the spine may cushioned by disks. If the disk ruptured will be more pressure on nerve and it leads to back pain.
- Bulging disks: It is same as ruptured disks, a bulging disk can results in more pressure on a nerve.
- Sciatica: A sharp and shooting pain travel through the buttock and down the back of the leg. It caused by bulging or herniate disk pressing on a nerve.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis can also cause problem with the joints in the hips, lower back, and other places. The space around the spinal cord narrows. This is known as spinal stenosis.
- Osteoporosis: Bones include the vertebrae of the spine, it become brittle and porous. It makes compression fractures more likely.
- Kidney problems: Kidney stones or kidney infection. It can also cause back pain.
OTHER CAUSES OF BACK PAIN:
It has some medical conditions can lead to back pain. They are:
- Cauda equina syndrome: The cauda equine is a bundle of spinal nerve roots that arise from the lower end of the spinal card. The symptoms include a dull pain in the lower back and upper buttocks, as well as numbness in the buttocks, genitalia, and thighs.
- Cancer of the spine: A tumor on the spine may press against a nerve and its result in back pain.
- Infection of the spine: A fever and tender in the warm area on the back. It can be due to infection of the spine.
- Other infection: Pelvic inflammatory diseases, bladder, or kidney infection. It may also leads to back pain.
- Sleep disorders: Sleep disorders are more likely to experience back pain, compared with the others.
MOVEMENT AND POSTURE:
- Movement and posture are adopted a hunched sitting position when you are using the computers. It leads to increases the back pain and shoulder problems over time. Back pain can also lead to everyday activity or poor posture.
- For example: Twisting, cough or sneeze, muscle tension, over stretching, bending for lone period, stand or sitting in long periods, straining the neck forward such as using computer, long driving sessions without a break cause the back pain.
STRAIN CAUSES OF BACK PAIN:
- Back pains are commonly stems from the strains or injury. It frequently causes of back pain are: Strained muscles, muscle spasm, muscles tension, damaged disks, injuries, fractures or falls. Activity that can leads to strains or spasms includes they are lift something improperly, life something that is heavy, make an abrupt and awkward movement.
SYMPTOMS OF BACK PAIN:
- The symptoms of back pain are an ache that anywhere in the back, and sometimes all the way down to the buttocks and legs. Some back pain issues can cause the other part of the body, depend on the nerves affected. The symptoms of back pain are weight loss, fever, inflammation or swelling on the back, pain down the legs, the pain that reaches below the knees, difficulty urinating, numbness around the genitals, genus, and buttocks.
TREATMENT FOR BACK PAIN:
- Back pain usually resolves with rest and use some home remedies, but necessary for medical treatment. Apply a hot compress or ice pack to the painful area. It may also help to reduce pain. Rest from strenuous activity can also help, but move around ease stiffness, reduce pain and prevent muscles from weakening.
- Complementary therapies: It may also used alongside conventional therapies. Chiropractic, osteopathy, shiatsu, and acupuncture are also help to relieve the back pain. An osteopath are specializes in treating the skeleton and muscles. Chiropractic is also treats the joint, muscle, and bone problem. And it focuses to spine.
- Shiatsu is also known as finger pressure therapy. One of the massage where pressure is applied along energy lines in the body. The shiatsu therapy applies pressure with the fingers, thumbs and elbows. Acupuncture are consists of insert fine needles and specific points in the body. It can also help to release the body natural painkillers. It stimulates the nerve and muscle tissue. Yoga has some specific poses, movements, and breathing exercise. It may also helps to strengthen the back muscles and improve posture.
PREVENTION FOR BACK PAIN:
It has some steps to lower the risk of develop the back pain consist mainly address some of the risk factors, they are:
- Regular exercise is helps to build strength and control body weight. The low impact of aerobic activity can boost heart health without straining the back. Before starting exercise, take a suggestion to health care professional. The two main types of exercise can also reduce the risk of back pain. Core strengthening exercise work the abdominal and back muscles, help to strengthen the muscles that protect the back. Flexibility to train the aims at improve the core flexibility include the spine, hips and upper legs.
- Diet, smoking, body weight, standing and sitting posture, lifting, driving are also help to prevent the back pain.